Monday, June 25, 2018

Following Up on Art Opening



Last Thursday, June 21st, 2018 was the opening reception for "Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself" group art exhibit at the Cigar Factory, where I was lucky enough to have some of my work featured.

My previous blog post has details about the curators, Krista Scenna and Carolina Peñafiel's vision for the exhibition, as well as more details about my work "Tobacco Spirit" with photos and suplemental audio/video clips about the concept and context.

For this post, I just wanted to send a big THANK YOU out to the curators, my fellow artists, and all of the friends and family who came out to support this event. It was a magical night (Summer Solstice!) with good vibes and spectacular art all around.

For anyone who missed the opening, the curators have arranged for more viewing hours: Friday, June 29th, 3-8pm; Thursday, July 12th, 3-8pm; Saturday, July 14th, 12-6pm; and a closing party on Thursday, July 19th, 5-9pm.

As promised, here are some of the photos I snapped at the opening party. Special thanks to Doris Elena Argote Lopez, and Genevieve Custodio for the additional pics.



My work in situ, "Tobacco Spirit," paper sculpture and acrylic paintings. 





































Allow me to Reintroduce Myself  


An Art Exhibition for the New Cigar Factory LIC


9-20 35th Avenue, LIC/Queens, NYC 11106

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Work in Debtfair at the Whitney Biennial

A few months ago, I responded to an open call from Occupy Museums for their Debtfair project. OM is a movement born out of Occupy Wall S...